- Kategoria: Uncategorised
- Utworzono: środa, 06, marzec 2013 13:09
- Poprawiono: środa, 06, marzec 2013 13:09
- Morlok Niemota
- Odsłony: 763
The Manual Registry Workaround Guide
1. Goto Start > Run and type in regedit.
2. Locate in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\wpaevents
3. You should see the value "OOBETimer" double click on this value.
4. Now delete the "ca" part from the binary value. (or any part of the binary value at all, it will have the same effect).
Click Ok and then exit the registry editor.
5. Goto Start > Run and type in %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a and click Ok.
(This will bring up the Windows Product Activation Wizard).
A. You want to select the 2nd option of "Activation by Phone".
B. Then at the bottom click on the option to "change your product key".
C. Now enter your VAILD new key you wish to use and press "Update.
6. Close the window and restart your PC to apply the changes to the WPA.
7. To verify the changes AFTER rebooting your PC, you can check your product key was sucessful in activating Windows by going to
Start > Run and type in %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a and click Ok.
You then should get the message "Windows is already activated" which tells you that you have correctly changed your product key.